choose to lead.....
In, 2012, the National Executive Board paved the way for creating a program designed to assist individuals with the development of their personal and professional leadership skills. Recognizing that members needed support to grow personally and professionally and creating a positive venue to develop these skills, is what created Choose to Lead (CTL).
Choose to Lead is a full leadership program committed to:
- Developing the overall vision, direction and goals of NAPMW in its members.
- Promote interest and leadership opportunities for members outside of their employment.
- Help to recognize the individual qualities and skills of current and future leaders.
- Create an understanding that acknowledges leadership comes in all forms and that an individual does not have to have a title to be a leader.
CTL has created several opportunities to support the program.
- National and Regional Conference: Annually, National and Region will present presentations and programs which are at no cost to our membership to enhance the member’s leadership experience.
- Monthly Education: Each month education using a live webinar format will be provided focusing independently on the role of experienced leaders and those of new leaders. For Experienced Leaders try the Leadership Development Series. For those of you knew or just curious about expanding your leadership skills we invite you to participate in Leadership Boot Camp. These webinars are open to all of our members. We invite you to explore the leadership potential found in each of us.§
- Mentoring: CTL encourages and promotes the use of a mentor. A mentor provides support, guidance and challenge to the mentee. They share the same vision and goals. Together they can accomplish much! Mentoring is available at no cost. To become a mentor, please click here and complete the form. A member of the CTL Committee will be in touch with you. Prospective Mentees are asked to contact CTL at email@example.com to request being paired with a mentor.
- Resources: Leaders can take advantage of resources on these pages including monthly newsletters; Education In A Box (a practical source for ideas to develop education), outside support recommendations (books, websites etc.).
- Forums: At the request of our incoming Presidents in 2013, we created a forum dedicated to the challenges and successes of our newer leaders! These forum events are moderated by National Officers and Special Guests. It's purpose is to share information and ideas as a support system for one another! Contact your Region Vice President for details!
- On the Drawing Board: Our vision is always expanding! For instance, we are working on a professional designation for leadership which will be offered through the IML.
Members! We invite you to explore the Leadership pages and become inspired!